About Me

Friday, March 7, 2014

Are You Ready?

I'm going to write about baseball, then I will take the time out to talk about the men and women fighting for the United States of America. 

ARE YOU READY?
           Those three words I will never forget. "Are you ready" are the wise words my brother asked me before I hopped over the white foul line to the pitchers mound. This was a 3:30pm game against Woburn and I was prepared to go pitch if the kid before me was struggling. My friend had let up two runs and they kept getting hits. After the second inning my coach walked over to me when my team was at bat he said,"Get warmed up". After throwing 15 pitches to my catcher, I was ready to go out and pitch my first varsity game for Burlington High. When I was warming up I felt great but then the batter walked up to the plate and i started to get nervous. I was thinking," What if I don't do well, what if I let my team down, I'm ready to go and pitch a great game". The first kid popped out, then I walked the next two batters. I stepped off the mound and looked over at my mom and she was so scared her hand were covering her mouth. I looked over at my brother and he told me that I'm leaning back to much which is making my ball go high. I gave him a thumbs up and stepped back onto the mound, I'm ready to pitch a game I'd never forget. I got out of the inning letting up no runs and no hits with two walks. I started out nervous but I settled down. I pitched 5 innings letting up 2 runs and 5 hits. We won the game 9-4, my teammates, parents, coaches, and my brother congratulated me on my first ever varsity win as a freshman. My coach got interviewed about me pitching and he said to the newspaper,"I know he's a great pitcher so I had faith in him. I could tell he was nervous in the beginning but he settled down and won us this ball game". I will never forget this game because it was my first ever game for my high school and I knew this was were my career began. 

Lone Survivor
           If you have not seen this movie then you're missing out! Lone Survivor is an unbelievable movie and it takes place in the mountains of Afghanistan. It was really touching to me because my brother is a United State Marine and he was in Afghanistan where they were. Lets all give thanks to the men and women fighting for our freedom. They know that they may die during battle but they do it anyways. They leave behind friends and family to go over seas and fight for our country. I give them all my prayers while they are over seas. Lone Survivor is an unbelievable story about five men who go into Afghanistan and only one of them comes back home. A plane full of Navy Seals go to try and help them while they were in a gun battle with the enemy. The plane got blown up when they were trying to land. In the movie four men go get dropped off in the mountains but in this picture there are six men. All of them died but one!


1 comment:

  1. Great writing Evan! I felt as though I was sitting right next to your mom, with MY hands covering my mouth. You must have been sweating bullets during this game, seeing as how it was your first high school game. Hard work (and listening to positive people) always pays off in the end. When was this game? Do you have more than one brother or was the marine also your personal pitching coach? I can't wait to read more. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete