About Me

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Frustration at its finest.

Now what makes me so mad is when people say that baseball is easy. They only think that all you do is run 90 feet to bases, and all a pitcher does it throw the ball to a catcher. But its way more than that!!! Being a pitcher takes a lot of mind set and preparation before the game. You go over what pitches to throw and situations you may be in. Now if people think that its so easy say I bet all the money that whoever says its easy and pointless wont be able to stand up and hit a 95mph fastball. I read something the other day and it said,"Take any baseball player and put him with another sport and he will complete. But take any other sports player and put him up against a 95mph fastball and he will fail". Now thats something I will never forget! People will say its so boring but it really never is. You don't just stand around and wait for the ball to come to you, you have to do the right thing at the right time. Taking one extra step could make the difference in a baseball game, either win or lose. When game day comes and I am taking the mound I get very quiet in school. I prepare mentally and physically, I run through everything and get all my pitches down with everything I am going to throw. So its not that easy to play baseball. Yes you run bases and stand around but its much more than that! Ask ANYONE who plays baseball if baseball is easy, and the sure answer is NO. What you you people think?

1 comment:

  1. Do you know where this quote came from or who said it? I've learned how important it is to site your sources! "Take any baseball player and put him with another sport and he will complete. But take any other sports player and put him up against a 95mph fastball and he will fail".

    ReplyDelete